CHHA Manitoba Chapter is committed to creating awareness of hearing loss to ensure that hard of hearing Manitobans have access to needed services. Through its programs of advocacy and education our chapter assists persons with hearing loss to meet the many challenges of hearing at home, work, and when out socially with family and friends.
- Be part of an organization that advocates for consumer rights on behalf of the hard of hearing community, and lobbies government for funding and services to support the needs of people with hearing loss
- Receive the Manitoba chapter’s quarterly newsletter, as well as the CHHA National magazine Listen/Ecoute, which is published three times a year
- Attend meetings and lectures on subjects of interest to hard of hearing people. Meetings are supported by Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) or Note Taking services to enable full participation of those with hearing loss
- Share your experience and knowledge with others who are hard of hearing
- Learn from other members about additional information and resources for hard of hearing individuals
- Become involved in chapter activities in a safe and comfortable environment for people with hearing loss
Wondering about your CHHA membership renewal date? The date is printed on the bottom right-hand corner of your chapter newsletter mailing label.
To join CHHA Manitoba or to renew your membership, click CHHA membership form 2017 for the application form. Mail the completed form and your payment to:Manitoba Chapter of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association c/o SMD Clearinghouse, 2nd floor, 825 Sherbrook Street Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M5