My audiologist says I need a very expensive hearing aid. Where can I go to get an unbiased second opinion?

An audiologist is a specialist at assessing hearing, and will provide you with a copy of your audiogram at your request.  The audiogram gives a complete picture of your hearing levels, and should also include a written summary of the results of your hearing test.

You can take your audiogram and written report to any approved hearing instrument specialist to discuss the type of hearing device best suited to your needs.  If you are not satisfied with the recommendations and costs, you can seek a second opinion from any other hearing centre or audiologist who is qualified to dispense hearing aids.